Below are some easy to follow instructions that are both worded and pictured for beginners in hand-stitching. I must warn you starters that once you start stitching, sewing or crafting, you cannot go back! As long as you know a few basics, what you can do with that knowledge and skill is almost limitless and I am not even talking about fabrics yet. It is ADDICTIVE and this is how it all starts!
1. Preferably, cut your thread at an angle.
4. Wrap one or both ends of the thread around your forefinger (I used both ends in the pictures below).
5. Allow some lap-over of thread (about a quarter of an inch or just over half a centimeter)
6. With the help of your thumb and forefinger, roll the threads together and off the finger.
7. Pull your know towards the end of your thread and tighten by pulling it.