Some of the tips below are personal suggestions and some others are professional advice from experts.
- Eat easy to digest foods (foods that are easy on the stomach)
- Avoid big meals. Instead, eat in small amounts but eat more often.
- Take your time while consuming foods or drinks.
- After eating, sit up for a while as opposed to lying down.
- Avoid foods or drinks that are too hot or cold.
- Avoid foods that are greasy, fried or spicy.
- Try to avoid preparing or eating foods that has a smell that bothers you.
- clear fluids such as clear broth (chicken, vegetable or beef)
- clear liquids that are not fizzy.
- rice cereal
- boiled potatoes
- cranberry or grape juice
lemon juice (optional but highly recommended)
ground mint (optional)
Boil rice in plenty of water with some salt in it. Squeeze some lemon in it and if you like, add some ground mint too.
This meal is filling, provides energy, is easy to eat and digest, helps with re-hydration.
Please feel free to share your personal tips or recipes for people who have nausea below in the comments section.