Monday 5 November 2012

RECIPE: Cauliflower with Garlic Sauce

cauliflower salad

If you reside in a country in the southern hemisphere just like us here in Australia, you too are likely to be taken your summer foods recipe books out or wandering on the internet trying to find some summery recipes to top up your own list of hot days foods menus. 

I always love it when I learn something new regardless of whether I try it or not. I love looking at recipe books with good quality pictures and drool but often decide that they are too complicated for me.  I like limitless amounts of good food pictures, smells and tastes but when it comes down to making something, I often prefer something that is healthy, delicious and easy to cook (and clean afterwards of course). Therefore, my recipes that I have handwritten or saved on my computer generally consist of foods that are practical and healthy. 

Here is a five minute side dish recipe that will compliment most main menus all year round even though it is best when consumed on a hot day as it is a cold dish. 

Ingredients: 

1 small/medium cauliflower 
1 bowl of natural yoghurt
2 cloves of garlic (you can change the amount according to your preference)
Salt
1 big tablespoonful of pepper paste (don't worry if you only have tomato paste at home as it works fine with that too)
Chilli flakes (optional)
Olive oil

Method:

Lightly boil the florets of your cauliflower (you can actually make some small slices with the stem and use them in this dish as well). You don't need to boil them more than a minute or two. As they are  cooling down, make a garlic sauce using your yoghurt, crushed garlic and salt by mixing them well. In a small pan, heat up oil, paste and chilli flakes. Place your cauliflower on a plate. Put your yoghurt on it and pour your oil, paste and chilli mixture on top of it all and voila! Your dish is ready. 

Enjoy something cool today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for leaving one!